Dining at The McKissick Center
- Home •
- Dining at The McKissick Center
L unchtime meals are served (except for the holidays listed) Monday – Friday between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm. Members must reserve their meal by 2:30 pm the day before dining with us. Reservations can be made at the center or by calling 864-855-3770, ext. 5.
The meals served are a standard diabetic meal which is low-salt, low-fat and provides one-third of the daily nutritional requirements. Special diets include: chopped, purée and renal. Meals are planned on a four week rotating menu and consist of protein, starch, fruit, vegetable and choice of milk or juice. We are unable to accommodate likes and dislikes.
- A person age sixty (60) or older
- The spouse of the older program beneficiary, regardless of age.
- A person under age sixty (60) with a disability who resides in a housing facility occupied primarily by older adults, at which group dining services are provided.
- A person with a disability under age sixty (60) may receive a meal if they reside with an individual who is a program beneficiary (In the event of the death of a program beneficiary who resides with an adult with disabilities, under age sixty (60), the adult with disabilities can continue to receive group dining or home-delivered meals if an assessment determines the continued need for services.
All members are encouraged to share in the cost of their meals and activities. Daily, weekly, or monthly contributions toward the cost of meal service allow us to continue providing meals to all who need them. Services will not be denied to anyone who is unable to help with the cost of the meal; however, it is important that everyone give at a level they can afford. Our case managers work with each individual to determine a level of support that meets their budget.
Menu Changes Monthly: View Menu