Kitchen Aide Volunteer Position Description
Combat hunger, loneliness and isolation on those citizens living in Pickens County and to provide a lifeline through the use of caring volunteers.
Weekly 9:00 AM-11:00 AM, 12:30 PM-2:30 PM, Monday-Friday
Assist with kitchen duties in preparation of home delivered meals and congregate dining meals
- Assist as needed in preparation, serving and packaging of meals.
- Bag bread
- Package fruit and salads for route drivers
- Count and package milk and juice for route drivers
- Assist with meal preparation based on ability.
- Assist in general kitchen cleaning duties as needed.
- Prepare dining area for meal service.
- Welcome and assist clients, volunteers and the public at the center.
- Clean-up meal area and all tables and chairs.
- Complete application and background check process.
- Must be able to stand for up to 2 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be able follow direction, and complete repetitive tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read, write legibly and have basic math skills such as counting addition and subtraction.
- Be dependable.
- Maintain confidentiality.